2022 Stihl Petrol chainsaws for forestry MS 400 C-M
STIHL chainsaws with excellent cutting performance for professional use in forests. Ideal for felling, delimbing, and preparation of wood in medium-density stands. Long-life air filter system with HD2 filter for excellent filtering effect. Easy and reliable starting, M-Tronic for consistently high engine performance. Captive nuts on the sprocket cover. Tool-free fuel caps for easy and reliable refuelling. The first chainsaw with a magnesium piston for an excellent power-to-weight ratio.
Features may include:
STIHL M-Tronic (FT)
- For a cold start, the STIHL M-Tronic only needs one start position on the combi-lever. After starting, you can immediately power up to full speed. The amount of fuel required is precisely calculated by the system and supplied as needed. Otherwise, start in position I as usual.
STIHL 2-MIX engine
- The two-stroke engine with STIHL 2-MIX technology saves up to 20 % of fuel and reduces emissions by up to 70 % compared to STIHL 2-stroke engines of the same performance class without 2-MIX technology.
- This air filter keeps even the finest dust away from the engine, ensuring a particularly long service life. Thanks to its special material, the filter can easily be cleaned by washing, for example with STIHL Varioclean and warm water.
- The decompression valve is part of the easy starting system. The valve should be pressed before starting to reduce the compression pressure when starting, as well as reducing the effort needed to pull the starter rope. The decompression valve is semi-automatic; it must be pressed manually before starting, but then closes automatically.
- Due to compression pressure, jerky stresses occur when starting internal combustion engines. The damping element in the ElastoStart special starter grip alternately absorbs and releases force according to the compression pattern. The result is smooth, even starting.
Side-mounted chain tensioning
- Side-mounted chain tensioning makes it easy to tension the chain safely.
Controlled-delivery oil pump
- Different bar lengths, wood types and sawing techniques require different amounts of oil. The controlled-delivery oil pump allows the user to select just the right amount of oil for the job at hand.
Tool free fuel caps
- Special caps to open and close the tank cap quickly, easily and without tools
Pre-separation air filtration system
- STIHL long-life air filtration systems with pre-separation achieve perceptibly longer filter life compared with conventional filter systems. Air drawn in is swirled. The larger, heavier particles are ejected. The pre-cleaned air is routed to the air filter via the pre-separator duct.
STIHL anti-vibration system
- Precisely calculated buffer zones minimise the transfer of engine and saw chain vibrations to the front and rear handles. The chainsaw therefore runs noticeably smoother. This allows the user to save their strength and work longer.
- As M-Tronic has electronic cold and warm start recognition, only one start position is needed on the combi lever. The exact amount of fuel is supplied on demand. You do not need to know about the status of your chainsaw and can apply full throttle straight away - even with a cold start. Because the saw is warmed up by optimum acceleration in a few seconds.